DINE OUT WITH KOKO
Eating healthy, wholesome foods when dining out can be challenging for all of us, especially when you are on the path to healing. However, just because you have a newly diagnosed food allergy, a health condition that requires a restrictive diet, or are eating more plant-based doesn't mean you have to give up on dining out with friends, family or co-workers. Of course, there are always risks when someone else is preparing food for you and your family. But, this hands-on dinging experience gives you the opportunity to gain the skills and confidence you need to successfully stick to your healthy eating goals and be your own health advocate.
Once you and I pick out a restaurant, you will experience what it is like to review a menu, identify the smartest choices on the menu, talk with your server, and enjoy a delicious and clean restaurant meal. By understanding common ingredients and risky cross-contact areas, you can minimize your chances of accidentally eating gluten, dairy, sodium, sugar, or soy. I will teach you about the smartest choices for appetizers, salad dressings, marinades, soups, entrees, and dessert.
When I was first diagnosed with food allergies, I used to be afraid to speak up. I am here to teach you never to be afraid to inquire on the ingredients of a dish or to ask for any changes to a menu item. As long as you are polite, the worst that can happen is that your server says the substitution isn't possible.
THIS IS IDEAL FOR:
- Individuals newly diagnosed with a lifestyle disease to learn how to avoid inflammatory ingredients
- Individuals newly diagnosed with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity to learn how to identify gluten in meals
- Individuals with newly diagnosed lactose intolerance to learn how to identify dairy in meals
- Busy working professionals that frequently entertain their clients
- Families who commonly eat out, but are interested in making healthier choices